Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cloth Diaper Wash Routine


I want to share my wash routine. Please note that my wash routine may not work for you.

Once the diaper is solid I rinse the diaper off with my diaper sprayer, than place in my hanging wetbag or my pail liner.

Every 2-3 days I empty my wetbag/pail liner into my washer. I do a cold water rinse to rinse any renaming waste.

Once the rinse is complete I do a hot wash with 3 Tbs. Rockin' Green. (Note: my water gets REALLY hot-- it steams as it enters my washer!) if your water doesn't get hot I suggest heating water up in the microwave or on the stove. The heat helps kill the bacteria.

My washing machine allows me to set up my cycle with 2 rinses. Some machines do not have that option, but is recommended to rinse twice.

After my cold rinse/hot wash/2 rinses I remove the diapers from the washer. I separate my inserts, AIO, fitted, covers and pockets. I hang dry my pocket and AIO diapers to help save the PUL and keep the inside from becoming pilly quickly.

My inserts and fitted diapers (anything without PUL) I throw in the dryer and dry for 70 minutes my microfiber inserts are usually dry at this point. However my natural fiber inserts (bamboo, hemp and Zorb) are usually not. I will add an extra 20-30 minutes and dry them again or sometimes I hang them up with my pockets/AIO until dry.

Note: AIO diapers do take a long time to air dry. I loved living in Phoenix Arizona am cloth diapering. I would hang dry everything and it would dry in about 30 minutes during summer

No comments:

Post a Comment